- Location: North America
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: $40,000 - $100,000 DOE
- Posted: 23 December 2016
The managing editor is ultimately responsible for the final content that WWG produces in all its forms.
The editor will be responsible for the overall editing responsibilities in all mass media (print, Internet, television, etc.) created by WWG. The editor will be responsible for all content scheduling, quality control, ensuring a check is made on the content (authenticity and relevancy to the topic), language (grammar and content flow) and aesthetics (photos, images, sound, audio and video) of the articles or video. The editor will be required to change, modify, paraphrase or condense the content in order to enhance its quality and approve or reject the piece based on preset grounds. The editor is required to use his creative skills and human resource skills to handle two contradicting jobs - maintain a cordial relationship with the author whose article he is expected to alter when needed.
- Set and enforce content requirements
- Cross check facts, spellings, grammar, writing style, design pages, photos etc. for allcontent.
- Reject content that is not up to WWG standards.
- Make light as well as heavy edits to content.
- Contribute editorial pieces and other content as needed.
- Be responsible and accountable for all the content that is approved for publishing.
- Work with other staff members to optimize our page-flow optimization and SEO
- Manage a team of content creators including conducting team meetings on a regular basis. Assign responsibilities to all team members
- Act as liaison between content creators and the rest of the business
- Manage all content creation and publishing schedules, including rescheduling as needed. Taking steps to ensure content is completed and delivered on time.
- Recruit, develop, and manage content talent
- Establish a philosophy
Skills and experience
- Proofreading, copy editing, developmental editing, line editing and editing for search engine optimization.
- And understanding industry channels which must be traveled in order to have effective content.
- Familiarity with or experience working with the esports and gaming industries
- 5+ Years leading a team of content creators
- 3+ Years in a lead editor role